Sunday 20 May 2007

Outrageously slow updates!

Sorry for the lack of updates, things has been pretty frantic lately. Anyway, good news; engine has arrived.

Engine has been proffesionally rebuild, and was delivered last friday. I took a day off and painted the engine matt black (actually same colour as the window frame)

I also fitted the clutch. Had intended to put the gearbox on, but realised that I had forgot the seal at home (the seal that goes between the bellhousing and the gearbox)

Hopefully I will be able to put gearbox and engine back together next wednesday, and throw the entire unit in the car. This partly depends on testing the solenoid on the OD - haven't had time to do this yet. If it turns out OK I am ready to proceed.

No pictures in this update as I am presently operating on a 56K telephone modem. sigh!

No comments: