Friday 9 February 2007

More progress (well - a kind of)

I must admit - it is very cold outside at the moment. Unfortunately - when it is cold outside, it is also cold in my garage. In fact is is so cold that the batteries in my camera went dead. (perhaps just a bad excuse for not charging them?)

Anyway, I did actually manage to do a few things before I froze to death (nearly) I attached the little handbrakecable spring that always go missing on these cars. I would not miss it now if it got lost - it was awful to get in place!

Second I fitted the rearwiev mirror. The very clever man who had treated the windscreen frame with new vinyl had forgotten to mark where the holes for the mirror were. After what felt like a really long time I found the hole and could punch through the vinyl.

Front valance also went into place. Nice little job - wish I had smaller fingers!

Replaced the door handle I put on last week with one from the shelf that was in a better condition (whoa - if I keep up this I can do everything twice - I need to get my stuff sorted out!)

Finally - I put on the bonnet stay. A bit tricky since I had none of the proper bolts. Previous owner used whatever he could find.

Over and out - going away for a looooong week.

No comments: