Wednesday 31 January 2007

It's all clear now - finally!

Finally some decent progress. Yesterday I had some good quality time with the Spit. Managed to fit the front windscreen - this time without breaking it. It was actually rather easy to get the glass in once I had read the manual. And this time I read it a bit more thoroughly than last time!

I didn't manage to get any pics while working, but here is a picture of the window in place!




As one can see, the second thing I got around to was fitting the bonnet. I have had this job waiting since god know when. But didn't want to do it before I had the engine in. Well now, since I have been waiting more than a year for the engine, I can just as well put the bonnet on now and get the door gaps adjusted. That's a job for next time.


When door gaps and windscreen is adjusted I can fit the glove boxes. Hope I hit the road by spring!



Front end is sitting quite high due to the lack of an engine.


A spot of masking tape can be seen running along the lover edge of the front wing. I am bitterly regretting that I didn't remove this last summer, as it is a pain to get of now. I spent quite a while last night removing it. Just another hour or so left! Hooray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeg kan ikke se noen bilder.

mvh
Thorvald (Norge)