Friday 26 January 2007

I am stuck - and it sucks!

Yet another Thursday in the garage. It was bloody cold though, and I didn't get anything done (apart from putting on a door handle - pathetic really!)

Problem is that I am stuck. I would like to put on the door cards, so I can say doors are done now. But that's a no go since my windows is still in England - and I am waiting to get them shipped to me (get the drift James?)

Okay, I could put the panel covering the gas tank on - nooooo - have to wait for the bolts goes into the diff - rear end are lowered, and for some reason I have been supplied with wrong bolts.... Crap.

Okay, how about the exhaust - that really need some work. Nope - can't do without engine (still out of town, has some problems with the oil temp sensor which is going into the sump.
No engine - no gearbox.

Okay, what about the glovecompartments then. Nope - forgot the cord which I need in order to fit the windscreen. If the window frame isn't properly adjusted - it's a waste of time fitting glove compartments.

How about adjusting the doors the - no can't do without bonnet in place, can't put bonnet on without engine in.

On top of this it was something like 10 degrees below zero - cold cold cold cold!!!!

Should I go on??? This sucks!! I want the car ready for spring.


Notice the fancy red paint on the door striker - just visible in the door gap. Looks awful - should have given the striker a good cleaning before I fitted it. Alternatively the moron who painted the car red years ago could have used masking tape. (moron! (me that could just as well be - moron, not painter that is!))


So after 5 hours I could evaluate the evening - I managed the impressive job of fitting a door handle (max 10 minutes!). At least I took a picture. Hope next Thursday will be better.
At least I got around to sweep the floors!
Next Thursday front window goes in ( and hopefully I will not break it this time!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Nick,

nice blog - wish I'd looked at it earlier! I have repeated quite a few of your mistakes - broke a lovely laminated windscreen on my TR4A trying to get it out to paint the frame....

Anyway, to the point - I have a pair of GT6 Mk2 doors too and am trying to work out how to get a Spitfire mk3 soft top or hard top to fit with the square cornered glass - what are you intending to do with yours? I had considered a mk4 soft top and frame but I have a Spitfire mk2 bodyshell so would need to carve it up a bit which I am reluctant to do. The perfect solution would be to have the glass modified but I don't know if this is possible. Any ideas?