Friday 3 April 2009

Pick-up sensor and triggerwheel for MegaJolt

Last night in the workshop had one purpose - find out how to attach the triggerwheel sensor. When sensor is placed I will know where on the pulley the triggerwheel has to be, as the sensor has to point 9 tooth before the missing tooth when engineis at TDC

First I knocked up a very rough template for at bracket (no points for aesthetics!) which can be seen here






The triggerwheel had been attached with clamps, so could easily be adjusted so the sensor would point at ninth tooth.

With this position, TDC would be appr. at third tooth



Now - mark it - and leave it for the mad welder to attach to pulley while I am taking a well earned vacation under the sun waaaaay down south :-)



The bracket will be fabricated when I get home again. Initial thought had been along the lines of some angled iron. I have deserted this thought when I saw the rough mock up. I might just make the bracket from heavy gauge iron without angles on it.

This gauge should just about do it.



No comments: