Thursday 21 May 2009

Back on the road - life is wonderfull

Been a while since last update - been busy with all kinds of non-triumph stuff. However - there has been progress - car is now back together, brought home and put into daily service. Nice feeling. My clutch release pin operation has been a succes, biting point is now exactly where I want it - right in the middle of the pedal travel. This small mod making the pin adjustable is really a wonderfull thing.

Here is as pic of the modded pin and an old one for comparison


Love the feeling when things work out as planned.

Braking was a new positive experience. I had gone from noname cheapo pads to Mintex 1144. Brakes like a moderne now!!! Again - wonderful.

I took the exhaust of a while bace in order to refit gearbox. I took the opportunity to correct a minor flaw. The exhaust had been blowing - just a very very little bit due to the joint from 2 to 1 not being equal lengths. I chopped a ring of the exhaust. Another problem of the list. Wonderfull.




As a positive sideeffect - the vibration I had round 55 mph has gone as I rotated the propshaft - Wooooonderful.

So all in all - everything is fine. After a good long drive last night I checked the plugs. I really need to get the lambda sensor fitted so I can get some more info on the AFR. Plugs looked like this after 30 miles cosy driving.

Plug 1: (closest to the radiator)


Plug 2


Plug 4


Maybe a slight on the lean side??


Project now is getting the interior trimmed decently. And fix the sidewindows. The are deadstuck in the middle - and for the worse. I suspect some quick and dirty assembly of the doors are to blame. Seems that the winder mech is interfering with the doorskin - making an outward going dent - not so wonderfull.....

No comments: