Thursday 7 May 2009

Tapping for Megajolt

First - sorry - no pics. When I wanted to get a few pictures I realized (again) that the battery on the camera was flat. That's second time recently this has happened. Better get some fresh batteries soon.

Still - I have had some fair progress. The exhaust prop and engine are all bolted back together fine. I took the inlet manifold of and drilled 4 holes in it for vacuum. First a 2mm pilot hole. Then a 4,2 mm hole and finally tapping for 5mm thread. Went quite smooth was OK result. I have had some problems with the choke sticking. It is a SU1.5. It has been converted from waxstat jets to proper jets. Problem is (I think) that the links used to convert isn't all perfect and creates a bit of tension. Morten and I tried messing with the links to see if we could release a bit of he tension. After quite a bit of fiddling the choke got better - not perfect - but better. Carbs went back on - all nuts on the manifold studs were tightened.

I found out I had forgot to put the radiator overflow bottle back on when I put the radiator in. Bit of a problem as the radiator has to be tilted a bit to get to the bolt where the overflowbottle-bracket attaches. So - undo 6 radiator bolts - overfowbracket in. Tighten bolts again. Mission accomplished.

Finally I put in a very neat bit of wire harness that The Mad Welder had made for me. I am converting from dynamo to generator plus a few other thing. So I needed a new harness for the generator, the oilpan temperature and halogenlights. But it was made perfect and very easy to fit. Thanks Morten

Enough for this time. Next time I get to spend a bit of time with the car I will try and start it.

No comments: