Saturday 2 May 2009

A few steps forward again

After a few setbacks thng are progressing again

Gearbox has been bolted back on the engine. I har to take prop ang exhaust off to get to the gearbox - and now the exhaust wqs off I used the opportunity to get a few things right. The joint from 2 to 1 was never really good as one pipe waqs a bit longer than the other. I pulled the manifold and made a cut. Now lengths are perfect. I also made another bracket to hang the exhaust by on the differential. It was onky attached on one side making the two exits not sitting even.

Exhaust and prop are now back on - and theoretically I should be out enjoying the fine weather. Ahem - now everything waqs off I couldn't resist taking inlet manifold off in order to tap holes for the megajolt vaacum takeoffs. It needs four holes tapped.

I was going in circles round this job last night doing all kinds of other stuff. Perhaps I get a chance later this weekend. I don't really like the thought of messing up having the takeoffs looking weird pointing in all directions. I have t get the drill and tap entering manifold at exactly same angle. Better not rush this job.

Also need to work a bit on the choke. It is sticking. A bit of fettling with grid 1000 on the jet should help - hopefully....

Thats it for now

No comments: